A lot of people are wondering what a toner can do and if they really need it. Well, if you choose your toner carefully, you will see the benefit of it.
What can a toner do?
- Soften your cuticles: Toner, especially for Asian brands, is more like a moisturizer than an astringent. It helps soften your cuticles and elevate the absorbency of the skin care products you apply later on.
- Re-hydrate: After cleansing, a toner can re-hydrate your skin for its water-based texture. Some people will use toner on the cotton pad as a mask. It is particularly great for those people who have dry skin or combination skin. However, before you apply this method, be aware that you shouldn't use toners that contains alcohol as a mask. It will only make your skin drier.
- Balance your skin: After cleansing, the pH balance of your skin is usually disturbed. A toner can help skin to restore the balance more efficiently.
Now you know what's the benefit of toners, what else do you need to know? We sorted out some information for you.
- Should I pat on the toner or wipe it off with a pad?
- How long should you let the toner mask stay on your face?
- If I already apply toner, can you skip the rest of the skin routine?
Let's get prettier step by step and day by day~~~~